The prospect’s vision was to build a food park, spread over 7-10 acres of land. The food park would include factory setups of Chips, Bottling Plant and Juices.
With this vision, the client approached Hydromo for water and waste water treatment solutions.
For Setting up a Bottling Plant, the water norms by ISI and BIS states that RO Filtration is mandatory.
A water test by the prospect, stated the quality of water in the area of operation.
The test was done by the labs were that were –
- Recognised by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Gol, New Delhi
- EIA Consultancy accredited by NABET, Quality Council of India
The test resulted in no requirement of desalination and was suitable for construction.
The consultation was done by the water specialists and engineers of Hydromo. The following were the key points in consultation.
- Site Inspection – The site where the plant was setup was primarily inspected on the grounds of space, and required size of the bottling plant, Water treatment Plant and RO Plant.
- Electrical – For Ample and continuous power supply, the required points and in how much amps was consulted upon.
- Plumbing – Pipelines were constructed from the local source of water bodies to the site for treating the water.
- Construction – Placing the RO Plant, tanks and pumps required an even surface. Concrete beds, sheds and other construction works were consulted upon.
The Following were the requirements at the Project Site –
- 10,000 LPH RO Plant
- Water Treatment Plant (Water Softeners)
- BIS Lab for water testing
- Water Treatment Plants (Water Softeners) were installed in the first 2 days of the project.
- The next 4-5 days the RO Filter with multiple elements was set up.
- Pumps with 10HP capacity were set up to boost the water flow from the WTP treated water to the overhead tank.
- BIS Lab was set up for Water testing
- The government inspects the water and based on the outcome of the report, the production process begins. The duration of inspection is between 30 to 45 days.
The RO Plant that set up were of capacity 10,000 Litres per hour.
The Filters included multiple elements like
- 4 Tanks of 5,000 litres capacity to store raw water
- Feed Pumps
- Sand and Carbon Vessels
- 5 element, two housing Membranes
- Micron Filters
- Normal Filters
- Ultra Violet Filters
- Treated water tanks
- Oxidation Filter
- Circulation Pumps and Pipelines
- Water from the raw tanks are processed to the feed pumps.
- From the feed pumps the water flows into the sand and carbon vessels.
- The 5 element, 2 housing membranes connected to the sand and carbon vessel remove the odour and smell.
- The anti-screen vessel and attached to the membranes ensured that the membranes do not clog.
- Water flows to the micron filters to the normal filters. Here the small dust particles are removed.
- Further the water is passed through the UV Filters and pushed to the treated water tanks.
- Mineral dozing vessel is attached to the treated water line. The minerals added are based on the capacity.
- The treated water tanks are connected and the oxidation filter is placed in between the connected tanks.
- With the help of circulation pumps and pipeline the filtered water is fed into the bottling plant.
Water Treatment Plant (Water Softener)
- The process of water softeners ensures the hard water is treated to soft water that can be used for landscaping, cleaning and other miscellaneous purpose.
- The vessels used in water softeners were resin and carbon.
- The vessel at the output of the membrane leads to overhead tank were the water is stored.
Once the water is treated, with the help of 10 HP pumps the water was pushed into an overhead tank were the water was stored.
Being the leading providers in water and waste water treatment, Hydromo offered their expertise of latest and customized technology. The setup of the RO Plant and Water treatment plant required minimum manual intervention. The operator was briefed about the process of filtration and his role in manual intervention.
- The installation process was delayed by two days due to incomplete EPC works.
- 8 months after the installation, the multiput valve that ensures the time and speed of the water flow wasn’t working. The technician from Hydromo, removed the multiput valve and installed a manual valve on temporary basis.